Sunday, June 29, 2008

End of Work!

My last day of work at Travelers Aid Family Services was Friday, June 20.  We were off to the beach the next day, so I didn't have time to post.  But I wanted to say what a wonderful time I had working for the last two years at Travelers Aid.  All of my co-workers were fun and supportive, and the work was very challenging!  I learned so much about working one-on-one with homeless individuals and families.  My supervisors were very encouraging of my work and wonderfully; they are also very encouraging of my move to Togo.  Everyone is excited for me!  Hello, Travelers Aid workers!  ;-)  So I'm excited to have this blog and have them keep in touch...Thanks for everything!  
They gave me a good-bye pot luck luncheon...always great food!  And they gave me a painting of South Station (right across from the office...where I often helped stranded and homeless travelers) and a passport cover - with my monogram!  Here's the pics...

No comments: