Saturday, May 30, 2009

Me in Action


So on Monday I did a session with elementary-age girls in village on sanitation. My volunteer friend Brittany came to help, and Brandon got to see "Girls Education" in action! We taught them about the necessity to wash their hands before cooking or everyone in the family might get diarrhea. And if everyone does get sick then how to prepare an oral rehydration solution (salt and sugar added to water). We also taught them how to make lotion from soap (soap, oil, and water) as an income generating activity (they can sell little packets in market). It took 2 hours and the girls seemed to really enjoy it. It was also good French practice...I still get nervous speaking in French in front of lots of people, but I think it went well! Here's me talking...

No comments: